Sunday, October 14, 2007

I think I hate my cat

So my cat, Phoebe has been keeping me up at night. This all started several weeks ago, he just doesn't sleep through the night anymore.He makes a horrible sound right outside my bedroom window ( not the I'm in heat noise- just a loud I am here deal with me noise) so I let him in which seriously takes a full 10 minutes to decide if he would like to grace me with his presents. Then S-L-O-W-L-Y gluides through the door like he is on the red carpet, careful to hold his nose high in the air, he is a confident little brat. All this to shortly there after change his mind and make a lot of noise to go back out again.
I was wasting time on the internet since the cat had woke me again when I found this article..... seriously anyone who has this much time on their hands WOW!
I didn't do this much prep getting my newborn HUMAN babies to sleep thru the night.
Well good night! I got ear plugs :) I know I am the worse pet owner ever but I have had this cat for years and now he can't sleep! Maybe the author of this book would like a new pet.


You can use this knowledge to help your kitty get on a nighttime schedule that's more compatible with yours. Here's how:
THE HUNT. Right before you're ready for bed, conduct an interactive play session, using a fishing pole-type toy. You can do other play sessions throughout the day and evening, but it's this pre-bedtime session that's crucial for resetting kitty's internal clock.
Next comes THE FEAST. Reward the Mighty Hunter with food or a treat. If you schedule-feed, divide up his daily portion and offer a meal after playtime. If you free-feed, take up the food earlier in the evening. After playtime, make a big production over placing the food back down.
GROOMING. Your cat will take care of this.
BEDTIME. If you've led a satisfying play session and offered a food reward, kitty will probably be ready to sleep.
Note: If your cat remains active at night, place a few treat balls or other activity toys out for him to play with while everyone sleeps.
For more tips, preorder my new book, Starting from Scratch.

1 comment:

Mel said...

clearly the person who wrote this had too much time on their hands. I was exhausted just READING about what you were supposed to do to exhaust your cat.