Sunday, September 9, 2007

Careful what the kids read in the doctor's office


My daughter informed me that she "know's what mom's do after dropping the kids off for the first day of school". In my mind I am preparing the argument that not all mom's eat ice cream and watch soap operas, when she tells me "it's time to bleach the house to prepare for cold and flu season". Noooooo I am thinking in my head I do not have time. Last week she cleaned all the carpet in the house (which of course required all the furniture to be moved) but how do I calm her down without crushing her love of all things clean and in there place.

I informed her that THIS MOM is studying for a career exam in 12 days and it's pass/fail, cleanliness of my home is not going to score me any points. Her adorable little face falls as she said "but mom I was going to ask if I can do it for you" seriously how can I say no when this is all she wants in the whole world. Christina and I had the whole house done in about an hour and it does look better.


The tile really did need it, I had no idea how dirty it was. I am happy to say we are all clean and ready for flu season. I still hate house keeping magazines. I will make sure I bring a nice harmless chapter book for her to read at our next appointment.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow....I am impressed. Never deprive a child of their desire to clean. Caiden is also helpful. He tried to mop and sweep with me this weekend.

Great job Christy and mom.

Good luck on the test.